Bordereau Electronique de Suivi des Cargaisons
The Republic the Republic of Mali, is a landlocked country in West Africa. It is bordered by 5 countries: in the West by MAURITANIE, ALGERIA in the North-North-East, NIGER in the East, BURKINA FASO/IVORY COAST in the South-South West, GUINEA in the South-West and SENEGAL in the West-South-West.
In 2010 the Malian Shippers Council declared that a Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) / Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC) is required for all sea cargo arriving at the borders of Mali.
Transshipment ports: DAKAR, ABIDJAN, SAN PEDRO, CONAKRY.
Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number.
Documents and Informations required
- Bill of Lading (Final B/L for validation)
- Commercial invoice / currency must be mentioned in USD or EURO
- Freight invoice in the same currency (not needed in case the freight charges are mentioned on the commercial invoice)
- Export Customs document
- Phone number from shipper and consignee
- ETS + ETA
- Country of Origin of the goods
The BESC must be issued within 10 calendar days from the date of loading.
In the event of a certificate not completed within 10 days of the vessel’s departure, the certificate cannot be validated and the cargo will incur penalties according to the customs tariff.
It is not mandatory to mention a BESC number for Mali on the Master Bill of Lading
Goods in transit through Senegal with final destination Mali need just 1 BESC document for Mali.
- A pre-validated BESC document should be completed and validated within 5 working days. If not, the BESC will be cancelled. All costs involved will be for the applicant’s account.
- Submit the required documents by email or online.
- You will be sent a draft for pre-validation and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, a validation will be sent.
- The BESC must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination.
- The process can typically be done within 24-48 hours after receipt of payment
- Goods arriving without BESC may be subject to penalties.