Bordereau Electronique de Suivi des Cargaisons
The Republic the Republic of Mali, is a landlocked country in West Africa. It is bordered by 5 countries: in the West by MAURITANIE, ALGERIA in the North-North-East, NIGER in the East, BURKINA FASO/IVORY COAST in the South-South West, GUINEA in the South-West and SENEGAL in the West-South-West.
In 2010 the Malian Shippers Council declared that a Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) / Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC) is required for all sea cargo arriving at the borders of Mali.
Transshipment ports: DAKAR, ABIDJAN, SAN PEDRO, CONAKRY.
Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number.
Documents and Informations required
- Bill of Lading (Final B/L for validation)
- Commercial invoice / currency must be mentioned in USD or EURO
- Freight invoice in the same currency (not needed in case the freight charges are mentioned on the commercial invoice)
- Export Customs document
- Phone number from shipper and consignee
- ETS + ETA
- Country of Origin of the goods
- It is not mandatory to mention a BESC number for Mali on the Master Bill of Lading
- Goods in transit through Senegal with final destination Mali need just 1 BESC document for Mali.
- A pre-validated BESC document should be completed and validated within 5 working days. If not, the BESC will be cancelled. All costs involved will be for the applicant’s account.
- Submit the required documents by email or online.
- You will be sent a draft for pre-validation and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, a validation will be sent.
- The BESC must be validated before the vessel arrives at the destination.
- The process can typically be done within 24-48 hours after receipt of payment
- Cargo arriving without a BESC may be subject of delays.