Cargo Tracking Note
The Republic Of The Gambia is a landlocked country in Senegal to the north, south and east, The Gambia is bordered to the west by the Atlantic Ocean. These boundaries correspond to the course and valley of the Gambia River, which flows through the country and empties into the Atlantic Ocean.
Effective from June 15th, 2023, if Cargo Tracking note(CTN) reference number is missing for Gambia Export & Import shipments (including in-transit) the original bill of lading will not be issued.
Any shipments for missing CTN number the containers will not be allowed to be discharged in Gambia and will be retained.
For all Gambia Export & Import shipments (including In-transit) CTN reference must be applied and validated by shippers at the origin load port.
Some shipping lines may not load cargo without the CTN number.
Documents and Information required
- Bill of Lading (Final B/L for validation)
- Commercial invoice : currency must be mentioned in $ or €.
- Freight invoice in the same currency (not needed in case the freight charges are mentioned on the commercial invoice)
- Export Customs document (optional)
- All Export and Import shipments to Gambia must apply for the CTN reference number in advance. Otherwise, it will be deemed to violate the transport regulations of Gambia and Customs clearance cannot be processed with customs.
- Additionally, shipments arriving or loading out of Gambia without CTN numbers will be liable for customs penalties
- This CTN number must be transmitted to the shipping line and must be mentioned on the Bill of Lading.
- Submit the required documents online or per email.
- You will be sent a draft for pre-validation and an invoice, typically within the same day.
- As soon as the invoice is paid, the applicant will receive a “Pre-Validation Agreement” with assigned CTN# to be added to your Bill of Lading.
- Send the updated Bill of Lading with the addition of CTN number to obtain final validation.
- Once your payment has been received and you approve the draft, validated certificate be sent.
- From the start of the application, you have 3 calendar days to complete the application process.
- Providing all documents and completing the process within 3 days after start of the application.
- Once all documents are received, and draft is approved, the validation can be released within 24 to 48 hours.
Shipment arriving without CTN or false information in CTN results in a fine of an amount that is superior of the cost of the CTN, plus the regulation charge.